1. The Association shall be called the ĎWirral Transport Users Associationí (WTUA).
2. The Associationís aims are:
a.††† To maintain a watching brief over public transport operations, in particular those local to the Wirral and its connections with the rest of the country, in order to identify deficiencies in current operations and poorly thought-out proposals for changes to operations.
b.††† To act as a pressure group to represent the transport interests of the travelling public, in particular, by informing the transport operators of the deficiencies in their services and any plans for improvements that the Association has devised; then urging and monitoring their resolution/implementation.
c.†††† To support campaigns for major improvements to the local transport infrastructure, e.g. new stations.
d.††† To keep the Members of the Association informed of current transport matters and the Associationís work by activities such as publishing a Newsletter and sending it to the Members and maintaining a website.
e.††† To encourage interest in all aspects of transport in the Wirral and promote the Associationís aims to the local community by activities such as the display of posters and the distribution of a Newsletter. To encourage new Members to join the Association and to further promote the Association to the local community by activities such as the organising of trips to transport venues, e.g. preserved railways.
f.†††† To get involved in any transport issue that is judged by the Executive Committee to be of interest to the Association.
g.††† To represent the Wirral area on various national transport focus groups.
3. The WTUA will liaise with groups having similar interests, particularly those in the wider area of the North West and North Wales, in furtherance of the Associationís aims.
OFFICERS AND EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
4. The Association shall be administered by an Executive Committee made up of Officers. The Officers of the Executive Committee shall be a Chairman, a Secretary, a Treasurer and as many Additional Officers as agreed by the Executive Committee.
5. All Officers of the Executive Committee shall be elected by the paid-up Members at the AGM, except for those appointed by the Executive Committee to act temporarily until the next AGM. Any fully paid-up Member can stand for election to the Executive Committee at the AGM if he/she is seconded by another fully paid-up Member.
6. The Executive Committee shall have power to fill any vacancies or create new positions in the Executive Committee at any time, such appointments lasting until the next AGM. In the event that no paid-up Member is willing to formally stand as Chairman, Secretary or Treasurer, any Officer willing to temporarily perform the duties of that position may be appointed by the Executive Committee as an Acting Officer and have the obligations and privileges of that position.
7. The Executive Committee will hold regular Committee Meetings to formulate policy and determine the Associationís future activities and matters for active involvement, these being agreed on by a majority of the Executive Committee Officers present at a Meeting.
8. At all WTUA Meetings the Chairman shall have a casting vote in the event of a tie.
9. In operating the Associationís Bank Account, the signatories for the Associationís Cheques and any other Banking Instruments to be two from four specifically nominated Officers of the Executive Committee (nominated by the Executive Committee), one of whom must be the Chairman, Secretary or Treasurer (or their equivalent Acting Officers).
10. A quorum of the Executive Committee shall be four of its Officers.
11. The Executive Committee may appoint an Independent Examiner, either for a one-off financial examination or for a period, as a majority of the Executive Committee sees fit.
MEMBERS AND SUBSCRIPTIONS
12. People who wish to join the Association must complete an application form and pay the appropriate subscription.
13. Subscriptions are payable annually. Any change to the subscription takes effect at the beginning of the next financial year of the Association and must initially be agreed by the Executive Committee but must also be agreed by a majority of all paid-up Members at the AGM preceding the start of that financial year.
14. The Executive Committee may delete from the list of Members anyone whose subscription is more than six months overdue.
15. An Annual General Meeting (AGM) shall be held for the purpose of holding elections for Officers of the Executive Committee and also for receiving from the Executive Committee a Report and Statement of Accounts covering the previous financial year. A paid-up Member wishing to include any matter on the agenda of the AGM shall send his proposal to the Secretary of the Executive Committee, in writing, at least 28 days prior to the Meeting.
16. An Extraordinary General Meeting may be convened by direction of the Executive Committee, or on the receipt of a request giving the purpose of the Meeting signed by not fewer than 10 of the fully paid-up Members and sent to the Secretary of the Executive Committee. The date of the Meeting to be not more than 42 days from the Executive Committeeís direction or Membersí request. The Secretary shall convene the Meeting and give at least 14 daysí notice to all Members. The notice shall be delivered by post or by email where the Member has supplied his email address.
17. At all General Meetings 15 fully paid-up Members shall form a quorum and decisions shall be made by majority vote of the fully-paid up Members at the Meeting. The Chairman shall have a casting vote in the event of a tie. In the event that a called EGM does not reach a quorum, a second EGM shall be convened, open to all paid-up Members, in which the quorum is reduced to 2 Officers of the Executive committee.
18. Any constitutional changes require 75% agreement of the paid-up Members present at an AGM or EGM.
DISSOLUTION OF THE ASSOCIATION
19. Dissolution of the Association will be decided at an AGM or EGM. The Associationís assets shall be disposed of to a like-minded body, to be decided by the Executive Committee.